Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tis the Season....

to try some new cookie recipes! It's November 8, 2009. That means 48 days until Christmas! It's time to start stocking up on chocolate chips, nuts and other sales at the grocery stores in preparation for the season of baking! One of my favorite cookbooks to browse through is Martha Stewart's COOKIES. She has alot of different recipes in there. I love to look through them and tab some interesting ones I'd like to try with post it notes.


On a somewhat quiet Saturday, I gave Martha's White Chocolate Chunk Coconut Chocolate cookies a whirl. The husband gave them a thumbs up saying they were "coconut-astic" and a "perfect combination of white chocolate and coconut."

Getting ready for the oven...



This was a chunky sticky batter with lots of cocoa, coconut, walnuts, and, of course, white chocolate chunks



Into the oven we go....


And..the finished product....




My thoughts on these....the name of the cookie is long. I love to bring treats in to my co workers. I found it hard to tell them what I brought in, as the title of this baked good is a mouthful. These cookies tasted better 24 hours later. Usually I like a fresh out of the oven cookie. I typically only eat one cookie of the batch (got to stay in shape). However, these were better the next day. I'm a chocolate girl...but I like milk and dark chocolate and not a HUGE fan of white chocolate. This cookie has a predominantly white chocolate taste to it and it's not for those who don't like alot of coconut!

No comments:

Post a Comment