Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mmmmm.....Cookies

I decided to stick with trying some new recipes. I received quite a few cookie and cupcake cookbooks as gifts at my bridal shower over the summer. So many recipes looked good, so I decided to go for the Cookies and Cream cupcakes. Normally I'd credit the recipe and cookbook I used. However, this recipe seemed off from the get go. I could tell as soon as I mixed the dry ingredients that the flour and sugar proportions were way off and I was going to make cupcakes with the consistency of hockey pucks! So, I modified it quite a bit and was somewhat happy with the results. The cupcakes were still a bit firm for my liking, but overall the result was still a hit!

And...it all started with some oreos.....



The batter looked so good with chunks of chopped up oreo....




The frosting was also a challenge. The recipe called for a stick of butter and a package of cream cheese....it was a very soft frosting that slid right off the cupcake. I modified it with some powdered sugar and of course didn't want the oreos to go to waste....so I added some roughly chopped cookies to the mix!




The final result...I wasn't a huge fan of the cupcake...but I must admit...this cookies and cream cheese frosting was to die for!







No comments:

Post a Comment