Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumkin Spice Cake with Honey and Cream Cheese Buttercream

MMmmmm....just typing the title of this new attempt is making me think of just how good it was! Canned pumpkin is in the stores now since it's the most wonderful time of the year! I was never a big pumpkin eater until I joined Weight Watchers a few years back. This might go be an obvious one...but I have a HUGE sweet tooth. While trying to lose weight, I needed some type of sweet to curb me over. I learned of a recipe for Pumpkin Mousse that was only 1 weight watcher point and I was sold. I taught myself to love Libby's Canned pure pumpkin and love baking and trying new recipes with it!


My new best friend, Libby.



I subscribe to Martha Stewart's magazine Everday Food. I have to admit, that while I love Martha, I've been serially disappointed with the recipes from this magazine. I'm loving the fact that they now put the nutritional info of the recipe, but time and time again, as I'm making the recipes, I can think of things that need to be added, or pin point that the ratios will be off. I saw a recipe for a pumpkin cake and decided to glam it up a bit with some of my favorite spices of the season! Hence....pumpkin spice cake!




Martha had a butter and cream cheese frosting to go on her pumpkin cake. Just looking at it, I knew it would be a very buttery mess as the only two ingredients were...butter and cream cheese. I decided to amp it up a bit with some powdered sugar to make it more like a frosting and some honey to give it a fall twist. I LOVED this frosting...I must say...it really made the cake and hit it out of the park!




No comments:

Post a Comment