Thursday, February 26, 2009

Taking a Cookie Vacation...with Cupcakes!

Before I focused mainly on cookies, I loved to bake and decorate cakes. I took some classes to learn the basic techniques and fell in love with it. However, being in my late 20's with no kids, it was difficult to find enough reasons to go all out, bake, and decorate cakes on a regular basis. I slowly started to bake and decorate cupcakes instead. I love to find really different flavor combinations and also like to use some more in depth and difficult recipes using quality products.



After mixing the flour and cocoa powder, I chopped some bittersweet chocolate to melt and add to the batter for an extra rich chocolately taste.








To make these cupcakes extremely rich...butter was melted with the chocolate in my make shift double boiler.





This batter was very thick! I could tell it was going to make an extremely dense chocolate cupcake and it also made it very difficult not to lick the bowl!



and...Voila! Some intensely chocolate cupcakes..




No comments:

Post a Comment