Thursday, February 12, 2009

Having some fun with Fondant.....

I had some extra fondant after making some rice krispy treat wedding favors that were decorated with fondant and monogrammed with the bride and grooms initials. I make my own fondant..mostly because it tastes so much better than anything store bought. After it's made, I wrap it in plastic wrap and store it for at least 24 hours to harden it up. Once I'm ready to use it, I place it between sheets of parchment paper to roll it out. The parchment paper is a great trick..the fondant (since it's made out of marshmallows) tends to stick to surfaces very easily, which can create a sticky situation!








Once the fondant is rolled out, I use cookie cutters to get the exact shape to cover the cookie.




Fondant can be adhered to the cookies using a little bit of corn syrup, or if you're pretty organized in the kitchen, you can have the fondant cut outs prepared and place them on your warm cookies that are hot out of the oven. This works so well with my homemade fondant since the marshmallow fondant melts with the warmth of the cookie and sticks perfectly.





No comments:

Post a Comment