Thursday, February 26, 2009

Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting..and the Final Product!

I love to experiment with different frostings. When I first started out I always used the Wilton buttercream recipe that was provided in my cake decorating classes. It's crisco based (it made me cringe at first too..to think that all the yummy frosting on cupcakes and cakes is largely made of crisco???)

Once I began experimenting, it was like opening a whole new world. I love trying different frosting recipes. I now primarily used true butter based buttercream. I've always wanted to try a swiss meringue frosting. It sounds pretty fancy so I thought it could be fun! Here are some pictures from my first go at a Caramel Swirl Swiss Meringue Buttercream



Plus..what frosting can't be good with vanilla caramel sundae topping in it!



Here are some pictures of the final product! These were taken in my office at work. Once again my co workers were my taste testers. I almost forgot to take a picture of my creation! The cupcakes were topped with crushed heath bars!





The overall opinion--while I thought this was a very butter rich frosting..some loved it and thought it was a great match the very rich chocolate cupcake! One I'll definitely make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment