Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Making Fondant....

All of my cookies are made with home-made marshmallow fondant. You can buy bricks of fondant at craft stores, but the taste always turned me off. The coloring of store bought fondant always rubbed off on my hands and clothes while decorating cookies and it really made me wonder what the stuff was made out of. I found some recipes for marshmallow based fondant and tweaked it until I came up with a version that works perfectly for me!


I start off with mini marshmallows that are melted down.....


After the marshmallows are a sticky concoction.....


Some special ingredients are added along with lots of powdered sugar to create a playdoh like consistency. The fondant is wrapped in plastic wrap and stored for 24 hours before I roll it out and use it.











































No comments:

Post a Comment