Thursday, December 3, 2009

Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies


Time for some more test cookies! Christmas is around the corner and I have two cookie swaps to attend. The weather's also gotten a bit chillier in New England...so it's not a bad time to have the oven up and running! This week I tried a double chocolate cranberry cookie. I love chocolate and find it hard not to make a chocolate cookie!!

This recipe started off with some bittersweet chocolate all chopped up



I creamed some butter and sugar until it was light and fluffy and added the dry ingredients to make a nice batter


Then, I melted the chocolate in my double boiler.


I let the melted chocolate cool for a bit, then into the Kitchen Aid it went...here's my trusty, over worked mixer in action!


A picture of the cookies fresh out of the oven and cooling on a wire rack



This cookie was a nice, rich chocolate cookie. The cranberries added a nice addition, but didn't overpower the taste of the cookie. If you love chocolate...this is a must try!






No comments:

Post a Comment