Sunday, December 13, 2009

Trying some new cookies....First up...White Chocolate Craisin Oatmeal Cookies!

I feel like I've been using the same cookie recipes over and over again. I make a million sugar cookies each year for different orders, so I love it when I have the opportunity to play around with other recipes as well. This weekend, we trimmed the tree, relaxed, and I baked up a storm in the kitchen....first up...a recipe I got off a bag of Craisins...I love to eat them as a snack and had all indredients on hand.


The sweetness in the cookie comes from white chocolate chips...




This cookie had a somewhat healthy feel to it...as it had equal parts of flour and oats



The star ingredient...good old Craisins



This combo made for one thick batter....



So thick...I needed some husband assistance to mix it up...don't worry the liquor bottles were for our eggnog...not the cookie batter :)



Prepped and ready for the oven


A close up of the finished product



Recipe...courtesy of my Ocean Spray Craisin Package:
 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2/3 cup of softened butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
6 oz package of Craisins

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Sift together dry ingredients and then slowly add to wet. Once mixed well, fold in craisins and chocolate chips.

This recipe made exactly 3 dozen cookies. In my oven, they took 11 minutes to make.

Verdict....
I thought these were okay. If I got a cookie that had a good amount of craisins and chocolate chips, it was good. However, the batter itself didn't have a lot of taste to it. I almost think it needed some plain sugar to sweeten it up a bit more. I had one cookie that was lacking in the chocolate chip department and it tasted bland.

Husband's review.....I made 3 different desserts this weekend. This was his favorite...he called them "snacktacular"

One thing I did like about these cookies...they don't expand while you bake. Therefore, you can fit a good amount on the cookie sheet and not worry about them baking into one another!


No comments:

Post a Comment