Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Ravenous Baked Good Eating Cat

Bill and I have three cats...they're like our kids. One of my favorite things about Bill when I met him 9 years ago was his fluffy orange tiger cat, Davie. Davie's our boy, and he also goes by the name of Smuggy McSmuggenstein, based on his smug looks he loves to give his dad!

Here's one of his best smug looks while he's curled up on our couch.


Now while Davie's usually a good boy..lately he's been a big Pain in the you know what. When we bought our house and moved to Exeter, the closet vet is a great place called Wolf Rock, whose vets take a holistic approach to their practice. The kitties were switched to all natural cat food made of meats, vegetables, etc. Unfortunately, this has given our ex-kibble crunching kitties quite the taste for "human food." Lately...Davie's choice of snacks has been freshly baked cupcakes. He leaves the cookies alone..maybe sugar cookies aren't his thing!

So while he may look sweet, fluffy and pet-able...he's been driving his momma nuts lately. I let 24 cupcakes cool on cooling racks and this rascal-y cat decided he was hungry and ate the tops off of them. (don't worry, I gave them to Bill and baked a new batch)


Davie also goes by another nickname...Snuggly mcFluffy (this is all Bill!). Now if Snuggly McFluffy knows whats good for him he'll lay off my baked goods. I've resorted to toting cooling racks into the spare bedroom now to ensure the cookies won't be nibbled on and it's making me pretty exhausted!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment